Friday, April 13, 2007

Stormy Friday the 13th

Since Wednesday, I have been sick with a sore throat and fever. So yesterday and today, I am home trying to rest up. Today, I get to keep an eye on the weather.

Growing up (and especially during the summer), my dad watched the Weather Channel until sports, usually the Rangers, came on at night. I inherited a love to watch the Weather Channel. So today, as the weather will prove to be the worst of the year, I will be watching TWC. I will not be surprised if Dad and I will be keeping in touch today, keeping the other informed on the situations in our area. Before you call me a nerd, remember - I'm a science teacher. This stuff is supposed to be interesting to me. Now you may call me a nerd.


3 comments:

FeedingYourMind said...

There must be something about grown men and the weather channel. It's my dad's favorite channel too! Except in the evenings he didn't turn it from that channel to watch sports, but rather to watch the national and local news broadcasts (of course, so he could catch the local weather report, as if watching the weather channel wasn't enough for that! HA!)

I heard we were supposed to get some storms today, but I wasn't expecting them to be anything too bad. Maybe I need to turn on the weather channel myself! HA!

Lynn Leaming said...

Glad the storms ended up not being too bad for us! Sure hope you get to feeling better!

Anonymous said...

NERD!