Thursday, May 31, 2007

Random Thoughts

I am not ashamed of it - I'm an American Idol watcher. All season long, I thought Blake Lewis was, in a word, COOL. I have been home all week and have seen the Idol finalists on many shows. I just saw Blake Lewis sing the Maroon 5 song, "She Will be Loved" and add a lyric from a U2 song. That was really cool and a huge surprise. I also really liked Melinda Doolittle and Lakesha Jones. Those two ladies are so talented but so humble. I'm anxious to see what kind of album Melinda puts out. She has sang (or should I say sung?) backup for many gospel artists and I would love to see her do a gospel album. This is why I'm glad she didn't have to sign a record deal through American Idol. Michael and I really liked Elliot Yamin from last season. We have bought a couple of his songs off of iTunes and really like his sound. I often wonder if all of these people that try out and are actually good, are prepared for the life that they will have after Idol. I'm glad I don't have to live a life in the spotlight!

It is summer time for me!! I am so glad because I was running out of energy and strength to work each day. I've been sitting and thinking a lot. I am amazed how God has worked in every aspect of my life. I am thankful for my family - husband, immediate, extended, and in-laws. I am thankful for my health, even now. I am thankful for this baby growing inside of me. I am thankful to have a job that gives me 3 months off! I am thankful for the physical things like our house and cars. I am thankful for our church. I am thankful for the rain - remember, we've been praying for rain like this for years!

We bought a new camera! My old camera was still working, but for some reason, was not being recognized by any computers. It is hard to get those digital pictures out w/o a computer! So, seeing how we needed a camera for two reasons Monday, and we're going to have a cute little baby to snap pictures of soon, we bought another one. So now I may even post belly pictures...uh, well, maybe. I'll also be posting more pictures of just life now. Tomorrow, Michael and I are taking my niece and nephews to Chuck E Cheese. This event should produce some good pictures and I'll be sure to post those.

I'm a little worried about something. Ever since I became pregnant, I feel like I'm losing more and more hair. My hair was already thin to begin with, so this is not good. I have heard that your hair can become thicker or change texture while being pregnant. Do you know if your hair can become thinner? If you know anything, please let me know!

Michael is studying for the CPA exam. He has been really good at spending 3-4 hours each night studying. I sit with him sometimes. He started listening to this professor going over each page in this gigantic textbook. It was so boring! I fell asleep in about ten minutes while listening last night. I really don't see how Michael does it. He should be finished by the middle of December. Perfect timing! He'll have diaper duty after that!

3 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Sorry Brooke, I know nothing about hair conditions during pregnancy.
I look forward to seeing pictures. I always enjoy it when Rachel or Heather post theirs. Enjoy your weekend.
Oh...and I am an American Idol fan too, my favorite still of all time is Clay Aiken. I was rooting for Melinda this season, like you I was impressed not just by her voice but by her humility

Meredith said...

Brooke, sorry about the hair, but I hate to tell you this, both times, after Ella at 4 months post-partem and now 2 months after Hayden, I'm losing my hair. Your body for some reason holds onto it while you are pregnant and then when your hormones are getting back in sync it all that hair it held onto decides to let go. I call it The Great Fallout. A friend and I joke about it. Anyway, I'm not quite sure why you are having it right now, but everyone is different during pregnancy and our hormones are crazy things that should not be messed with! UGH Hormones!!!!!!! Hey, atleast it is summer and you don't really have to mess with it. Oh, and this is just a practice as to what it will be like when we have teenagers and we are choosing to pull out our hair, gray ones at least. I'm excited about your new camera and I have to say ditto on the Melinda comment. Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. Sometimes I feel like no one really cares what I'm ranting about. I may really be a boring person after all. Ha! :*( That's me crying tears. Ha, ha, ha! You better post some belly pics!!

Jennifer said...

Brooke, I check your blog from time to time to see what your life is like. It has been a few weeks since I've checked it, so tonight I was thrilled to read your news that you're having a baby!!! I think that motherhood is a million times better than I had imagined (eventhough it is sometimes a million times more tiring too!) I have no idea why your hair is falling out now, but pregnancy (and post-pregnancy) is filled with strange surprises. Congratulations, and I hope you're feeling better.
Jennifer Terry