Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Proud to be an American

(Picture has nothing to do with this post.)


I am so proud to be an American today. I enjoyed watching all of the events that occurred today. At the same time, I am very disappointed to read comments by a few white people that diminished the importance of finally electing a non-white male as our commander-in-chief. I still see a lot of room for us to grow together. I am excited for minorities to know that their dreams of having ANY occupation can truly happen in this nation. I am hoping that all men see a loving husband and father and give themselves a good, hard look at themselves and make sure they are being the man they are supposed to be. It seems like everyone in DC was friendly and caught up in the spirit of this step forward in race relations in this country.



On a side note, yesterday marks the age Audrey would be if I followed my mother's timing in having a second child. She jokingly told me I was being pokey. I think not! I don't know how she did it!

1 comment:

Tim Perkins said...

I wish the statement about everyone being friendly in DC were true. In actuality, the Dems were atrocious in their behavior on Tuesday. Bush was booed. Someone set up an inflated likeness of Bush in a park, one of those huge things that is 20 feet high. It had a huge Pinocchio nose. Folks were throwing shoes at it, mimicking what happened to Bush in Iraq. Parents were even bringing their kids to throw shoes at the thing. Pretty sad.