Tuesday, January 05, 2010

First White Christmas!

I am 30 years old and I finally got my first white Christmas! I can not describe to you how happy I was or how magical the snow made Christmas. I LUVED it! It was Audrey's 3rd Christmas, and it was a lot of fun! I think next year will be awesome because of what all she'll be able to comprehend. She knows now that Baby Jesus was born at Christmas, that Santa says "Ho! Ho! Ho!," and that people put up Christmas trees and put out Christmas lights. She calls the Christmas lights simply, "Christmas."

Audrey and I spent Tuesday through Saturday morning with the Halls. Michael had to work late until Christmas Eve, so he wasn't able to be at EVERYTHING, but it just made it more special to have him when he was there.

Tuesday, Audrey played with her cousins and made sugar cookies with Ma. She would rather eat the dough than make cookies. Silly girl.

Wednesday, the family put on a Christmas play at a nursing home. My brother-in-law's grandmother, Hot Rod :), lives there and helped plan it. My brother-in-law's nephews from California also joined our family in the play. I held Audrey during the play, so you will only see pictures of her before and after the play.
This is the pic I took with my phone right before we left, so that Michael could see his little angel!

Michael got off earlier than expected and got to see the play! It was a Christmas miracle!

On Christmas Eve, we had lunch with Michael's siblings and their spouses at Texas de Brazil! Michael's parents had given all of us a gift card for our birthday present to use during the holiday. This is a super-fun group to hang out with. Texas de Brazil is perfect for a hungry pregnant woman. How could it get more perfect, you ask? SNOW! It had snowed the entire time we were eating and was just beautiful when we left. We just had to spend some more time at Starbucks, sipping their holiday specials, and watching the snow. It was great!

When we returned to Ma and Poppy's, Audrey had just woken up from her nap. I bundled her up and introduced snow to my baby. She wasn't a fan. :(


This is how much of the day was spent. Audrey loved this tent and tunnel.

Playing the piano with cousin Kaley.

Silly girl kept purposefully closing her eyes when I took pictures. I finally got her with her eyes opened! The picture sequence is pretty funny. I may post that one day.

On Christmas Eve night, the grandkids get to open their stockings. She was excited!

Audrey leaving cookies and milk for Santa.

Views on Christmas morning. Audrey slept in late. She probably won't ever do that again!

Snow!

After we opened our gifts at home and had breakfast, we went back to the Hall's house and opened gifts there. Audrey was having a blast until she fell while eating a candy cane. Her chin and teeth got bloodied up. She was back and at it in no time!


Her aunts gave her a kitchen!

She loves her tricycle and helmet! The helmet was her favorite gift from Santa. She LOVES hats! I like how this picture makes her look like she's focused on the road.

Picture with all of the Hall cousins. Poor Andrew was not feeling well at all!

We also celebrated Matthew's 5th birthday. His birthday is the day after Audrey's. I met Mike, Melissa, and Matthew on the day he was born. Those 5 years have flown by!

On Saturday, we went to my parents' house to celebrate. Baby Brady was there and it was so great to HOLD him!
Audrey loved Brady! She treated him so sweetly. Lookin' good for Julia to come!


Audrey loves how silly Papa is. And he is silly.

I am so glad that we were able to see all the members of our family! I'm also glad that we were well during Christmas. The week before Christmas and the week after weren't very fun due to illnesses. I'm already wishing for another white Christmas for next year. Julia can't be left out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.