Tuesday, March 21, 2006

We're Not in Kansas Anymore



I've always feared tornados. I have had nightmares for years that deal with tornados. Sunday night, you know - when it was POURING down rain, I watched the Discovery channel's series on the perfect disasters. The one that dealt with tornados was of course set in Dallas. They called the show SUPER TORNADO and showed what would happen if an F5 (really it was bigger) hit Dallas. Wow. I wish they had shown how the city was going to be prepared, but no - there was no sense of comfort at the end of the show. Most tornados occur around 5:00, aka rush hour, due to the day's warmth. I'm thankful that I now live a few minutes from work. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brad did a report back in junior high on tornadoes (focusing on the one in Wichita Falls that killed a number of people back in the 70's). His mom said he would freak out during any kind of storm for years after that. It is kind of scary to think about.

Hope all is well! Miss you!