Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm On Board With IPOD



CFBISD is starting an IPOD program for teachers to do podcasts. Our school did a pilot last year with our newcomers. These kids had vocabulary each week to learn. They learned, on average, 40% of the words each week. After receiving IPODs, the kids jumped up to learning 98% of the words. So, obviously IPODs can really jumpstart education. Kids today were born in a digital world and need to be taught digitally. I attended a training last night to get me familiar with IPOD and will soon learn how to do podcasting. Today, I had a professional development on setting up a student email, messageboard, chat, and blog website. Wow! I didn't do half of this stuff right after college graduation....where did this stuff come from???



So, now I have songs downloaded and have been listening to podcasts. How cool is that?!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's awesome! And you got a free IPOD out of the deal. So, do the podcasts replace a class period? That would be even better!

Brooke said...

I would love to set up a podcast to replace me in the classroom! That would be so great! We can use it in any way. Leave instruction in spanish for our ESL students, put vocabulary on it, do a review of the day, week, unit..., a lesson as a podcast, or just recording the class for those that miss it. Really, there are a lot of possibilities.

Tim Perkins said...

I'm so behind times. It's probably good I'm not in the classroom anymore.