Friday, December 14, 2007

...and now leaving the hospital - but worth the wait

That's right. Baby Audrey is still sitting happy in my belly. My doctor thinks my cervix is sealed with cement. So, we're leaving while I'm still having fairly strong and regular, yet ineffective contractions. Michael and I decided we should wait a while longer before doing anything that would pretty much send us into having a C-section. So now, we're aiming towards the 19th and the countdown at the top should be fairly close to that date, our original due date. The best news is that Audrey is doing very well. I also have figured out the hospital routine and I might be able to sleep better next time since I will be more familiar with everything. God will send her to us when He is good and ready. I'll let you know if we return earlier than the 19th.

6 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Brooke and Michael,
I cannot even imagine how hard it is to wait. The anticipation must be amazing. Again you can best truly understand the anticpation the angels had in watching Jesus leave heaven and waiting for Him to be born in human form as well. Pray that all continues to go well until God's perfect timing.

Shannon said...

Brooke, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that and end up not having sweet Audrey! Just think of this as more time to stock up on the sleep you wouldn't have been getting:) Love you!

Kristi said...

I know that can be very hard! Just try to take the time and get some extra rest. She is just enjoying her last few days in there :)

Blake Perkins said...

Enjoy your last few nights of sleep!

Unknown said...

Aww, Brooke. I'm so sorry. Just remember that God knows what he's doing giving you a little Christmas baby. :)

Meredith said...

Oh Brooke. I'm sorry that you have to wait some more. I know that must be disappointing. Just think though, you could be going back sometime tonight!! Any moment and things can change. Pronto!! :) Hang in there! I'll be praying!!