Monday, December 17, 2007

Baby Audrey


It took quite awhile, but Audrey arrived at 6:01 Sunday night. I dilated very quickly and began to push at 2:00 and pushed for 3 hours. Poor Audrey was not positioned well (sunny-side up) and was being pushed into my pelvic bone each time I pushed. This caused us to do a C-section. It was even hard to get her out even in the C-section! She has a poor little bruise on her forehead as a result. She must have such a headache! She is 7 lbs 6 oz and 20.25 inches. She has some black hair and is just beautiful! She has very long fingers and toes. She has been very alert every time we've seen her. Michael is so in love with her - too sweet! We also have been pretty succesful with nursing. God is good! Hopefully I will have some really sweet pictures coming my way soon and I'll post those when I receive them!

17 comments:

Melody said...

She is beautiful. Congrats!

Shannon said...

I've been waiting for the big post! I'm so glad that she is healthy and you guys are doing well. She looks beautiful (bruise and all!). Congrats again Brooke!

Dara said...

Oh Congratulations!!!! She is just precious! I can't wait to meet her in person. What a wonderful Christmas present. Such a blessing!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful -congratulations! We just can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

wow- she is truly a pretty little thing! One of the prettiest babies I've seen!
And the bruise will make for an interesting birth story for her- a unique experience.

Lindsay said...

I am so glad everything went so well. Congratulations on your new love. Life as you know has just gotten even better! :)

Meredith said...

Love you Brooke!! Congratulations!! She is precious and you'll be surprised how much she will change by the time you leave the hospital! They're resilient little things that bruise will be gone fast!! I'm sure she has a headache too!Congrats!!!

Kristi said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

billy and stephanie said...

Hey Micheal and Brooke! We are so excited for you both. She is precious! Congrats! What a blessing!

Billy and Stephanie Mack

Blake Perkins said...

She kinda looks like Maddie. Congrats! Your lives have truly been blessed. Sorry I didn't wait around for you to get out of recovery... I was getting hungry.

Elisa said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations and blessings on your recovery.

DeeDee Price said...

Congratulations Brooke. She is beautiful! Take care of yourself and that sweet baby girl!

Kelly said...

Congratulations!

Kaitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaitlin said...

Yay! Well, atleast she didn't have to get stitches as soon as she came out, like my brother did. The doctors cut his eye brow open. Poor baby. I can't wait to see her!

Heather said...

Congratulations!!

owldog1 said...

So Beautiful. She is such a precious gift from God. I am so happy for you guys. I agree with Becky the bruise will make a great birth story.