Friday, June 03, 2011

Five Question Friday 6.3.2011


1. If you had to choose, how would you prefer to choose to spend money...on landscaping or a pool?

I would LOVE to have some professional landscapers come in and beautify my yard! I would love a pool too, but not with kids around. So, yeah, landscaping. We spend enough moolah on tree-trimming, brush-whacking, and grass-cutting.

2. Death penalty, yay or nay?

I've always struggled with this. I know that there is pure evil in this world and it's hard not to want that person eradicated. But, as a Christian, I just don't know if it's our place to take someone's life. In the Old Testament, the punishment for a life is life. What about in the New Testament? I don't know. I would want someone to have every opportunity to claim Jesus as their Savior. Jesus died even for the evilest of persons. Have you ever watched the Changling with Angelina Jolie in it? I thought I was getting a Halloween movie, but it soooo wasn't. It was based on a true story and I couldn't watch parts of it at all. A man was put to death in the movie as a result of his actions. I, as a regular person, didn't like seeing him killed, though it was very deserved. BUT, if I had been a mom to one of his victims, I would want him dead. It's such a hard question for me!

3. What's the worst thing your kid has gotten into when you turned your back/blogged/showered/blinked?

The only thing that pops into my mind is when Audrey took my foundation and smeared some on my cabinets. No biggie. I fear the smearing of diaper cream all over the body. Apparently, that's pretty common and super tough to clean up!

4. How often do you REALLY go to the dentist?

We missed our appointment in December because of Michael's crazy schedule. We have an appointment later this month that's already been pushed back. We were supposed to go on Wednesday, but Michael had training at work. When we don't go when we're supposed to, it costs us dearly in dental work. I miss the days when my mom, a former hygienist, would clean my teeth, like, every two weeks!

5. What is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be a pet-type animal)?

I love small to medium sized dogs. I love to play and cuddle with them. Big dogs are impressive, but they're not as cuddly and they are sometimes scary. We will probably never own a dog because of Audrey's allergies.

No comments: