Sunday, November 13, 2005

Voter Registration Card

I received my voter's registration card Saturday. This is just days after I convinced a guy at the polls to at least let me provisionally vote. I was nowhere in the records that are "constantly" being updated. I am blown away by the government's lack of being "user-friendly." (this is the best word I can come up with) I have to change my name, but the government has made it very difficult. It was also very inconvenient to obtain my marriage license. I had to wait so long to receive my new social security card that my deadline to change my insurance came and went. (Basically, I had 2 weeks to change my insurance while SSA mailed me saying that I would have my card in one week) Luckily, the district was understanding and changed my insurance after the deadline. Can we at least convince the government to have their offices opened more than 4 days a week and longer than 8:00 to 4:00? How about opened on a Saturday and open till 5:00??

3 comments:

Jenny said...

HAPPY B-DAY BROOKE!

Blake Perkins said...

Check out my blog Brooke for your birthday

Tim Perkins said...

I love you, Ashley Brooke. Happy Birthday!

Papa