Friday, November 05, 2010

Five Question Friday - 11.5.10


1. If you could have any talent and turn it into an occupation, what would it be?
I believe I would enjoy being a writer. I don't read books all that often (when do you find the time, people?!), but I would love to have the talent of a good author. I can just imagine cozying up to a fire, sipping on a cup of joe, and typing away.

2. Would you rather have a house at the beach or a cabin in the woods?
I would definitely choose a cabin in the woods; it would be the perfect backdrop for my mystery book writing! Have you seen my skin tone? The beach would not do this skin any good! Although, I would feel safer on the beach, that is, until a hurricane came through.

3. Is there any meaning or reasoning for the names you chose for your child/children?
Oh yes. I blogged about it HERE. As a teacher, I couldn't have a name that reminded me of a problem kid. I wanted a name that didn't scream a certain year or decade and you would have no problem spelling it. Also, I wanted a name that didn't leave you guessing if it's a boy or a girl. So far, I have Audrey Grace and Julia Kate.

4. What is your guilty pleasure? (I know we've done this one before, but I'm guessing people's "guilty pleasures" change frequently. At least, mine do!)
Right now, I have two guilty pleasures. 1) My daughter's peanuty Halloween candy. The poor girl will never have the chance to taste the goodness of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or a Snickers bar. 2) Blue Bell's Pumpkin Spice Pecan Ice Cream!

5. Do you live in a house that is deep cleaned or straightened?
As of yesterday, straightened! October - aka, the month of illness and Ranger baseball - my house took last place on the priority list. I do have an excuse though. I can't vacuum with Audrey in the house. I finally got her back into school and I finally had a day home, so it was straightened up just a bit. Anyone want to deep clean? I've got peanuty candy and ice cream!

4 comments:

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

LOL I need to deep clean my house. Loved your answers. Hope you have a great weekend.

Abramyan Avenue said...

loved your answers! i can relate with you about the names thing. Some of the names that come home on the school lists leave me guessing how to even pronouce them. And when you get a simple name and throw in all these unneeded letters and stuff it just gets confusing! I love your girls names...very ladylike and very pretty! I am a sucker for Reese's peanut butter cups. I hate chocolate but those and brownies are the only way I can consume it...not too bad if you ask me! You have a lovely blog!
Have a great weekend!
-april

Melissa Jackson said...

I have a new item to add to my grocery list now: Blue Bell's Pumpkin Spice Pecan Ice Cream! I have never seen that, but I must find it. My husband will be sooo excited as he loves anything pumpkin-flavored (I think it's more the connection to fall than it is the flavor). I'll have to pick it up and surprise him this weekend!

Amy said...

Hey Friend!! :)
This looked like fun so I joined in and did it on my blog. Thx for the idea!