Friday, March 11, 2011

Five Question Friday - 3.11.11


1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?
I know my true hair color and so do you! What you see is the real deal.

2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?
Mostly fly by the seat of our pants. We have weddings and a birthday trip planned, but that's about it.

3. What is your favorite meal to cook?
I don't like cooking, so I'll go with what Michael likes to eat the best. Chicken Marsala. I'm proud of it because I came up with it myself instead of following a recipe and he loves it.

4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?
No! I often say not to write a thank you note when I give the gift, but then I think that makes them want to write a note more. I almost always write one because I don't want to offend someone. I once read a post from a person that has gifted me before about how rude it is not to send a thank you note. I ALWAYS write her one! It is the polite thing to do since someone spent time, money, and energy on you, but I don't need a note.

So, friends, if I give you something, there is no need to write me!

5. How did you meet your best friend?
I met Lori because I was looking for a college roommate. My future sister-in-law's friend knew someone that needed a roomie as well. I called her, but she had found someone already. She gave me another friend's info. That friend was Lori. She's from Austin and I'm from Dallas. We met at an event in Abilene our senior year in high school. We weren't thrilled with what we saw, but figured it was better than pot luck. When we actually got to college, we clicked immediately. We roomed all 4 years and were basically inseparable. Same classes, double dates, everything. We live in different cities now, but hopefully we'll live close by one day!

I am quickly becoming good friends with Ruth. My husband was really good friends with her husband in college. They moved to our area and they have really been there for us. She is gorgeous on the outside but even prettier on the inside. True woman of God.

1 comment:

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

Hi! I'm a new follower from 5?Friday!
And I promise I'm not just following because our names match :D
But hey! That's a plus!
I completely understand about not "clicking" with your best friend. My best friend and I didn't "click" and now we are the type of friend who can go without seeing each other and picking up right were we left off :D
I would love for you to visit me sometime at
http://mommydoes.blogspot.com :D