Friday, April 08, 2011

Five Question Friday - 4.8.11


1. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I wish I could decide if I'm an introvert or an extrovert. I was so very shy growing up. I was not shy at all while in college. In the almost TEN years since college, I've gone back and forth from being timid and shy to being a leader and outgoing. I like myself a little bit more as an outgoing person, but I think I'm shy by nature. Is anyone else like this or is it just me?
2. Write about a time when you got lost.
How about when I lost my husband in church last week? I missed just about the entire service looking for him. He was in Audrey's classroom, it turns out. Hmmm, me being lost... That doesn't happen often with technology. I did get lost on the way to my friend, Shannon's, wedding reception. That was horrible. I arrived sooo late.
I missed the bridesmaids being introduced. Sorry Shannon! At least I was on time for the wedding. She was such a gorgeous bride!

3. Camping or 5 star hotel?
It's been such a long time since I've gone camping. I think I'll opt for the 5 star hotel now that I'm a bit older. I'd rather have a comfy bed than a sleeping bag. I'm all about sleep these days. BTW, I just downloaded an app called Sleep Cycle and I love it! It wakes you up when you are in a light sleep instead of a deep sleep that alarm clocks seem to hit. It also tracks your sleep cycles that night. I wish I could have seen the ridiculous amounts of non-sleep I was getting back in February.

4. Have you donated blood?
I sure have tried! Every single time I've gone to give blood, I've either been on my period, was going to be involved in a physical activity later that day (intramurals), on medication, or might be pregnant. I've tried many times but they have always turned me away. I've got A- blood. I don't know if negative blood is in greater need or if that detail even matters. I feel an extra responsibility to give since I believe negative blood is more rare than positive. Do y'all now if they even care about the postive/negative aspect of blood? It doesn't bother me one bit when they take the vials and vials of blood when you're pregnant, so I really want to give.

*Looked all of this up. My A- blood can only go to O- and A- blood types. And, if I read correctly, if you have a negative blood type, you are more likely to develop an auto-immune disease. So, negative blood type, I have you to thank!

5. Do you have a budget or do you 'fly by' most months?
We do have a budget. We've gone over this month for sure. We used to be really good at following it, but it takes some time - time that is very precious to us right now. I generally don't spend much money, so it's pretty easy to stay under budget. I do know that we have $130 left this month to eat out. Michael really likes eating out. He says that when he eats at home, he feels guilty for not having his laptop out and working. Isn't that sad? I can't wait for his work to slow down.

7 comments:

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

So, if I EVER EVER need blood. I know whose door to knock on. Wink!

Unknown said...

Brooke, you are not alone in the introvert/extrovert thing! In fact, I could almost write what you did word for word about myself. I was very shy as a child and came out of it during high school and college, but at heart, I know I will always be a true introvert. I can be a leader and I am now more comfortable talking to people I don't know, but I still get recharged by being alone, not by being in big groups.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I have a negative blood type. I had to have those shots with each of the boys in case they didn't have negative blood too. Didn't know about the autoimmune connection, though.

Carole said...

Your dad and I both A+. Hmmm, I just asked him if perhaps you weren't his. He said, "She looks just like me, what else can I say?" (He only wishes)
I was probably more shy during college than any time in my life. (Well, except for birth thru high school, lol) I'm fairly outgoing now, but if you want to see me die before my time, just tell me I have to get up in front of people and make a speech!

Brooke said...

Mom, you and Dad must have only one Rh + allele, heterozygous if you will. You gave me Rh- and so did Dad. That's why y'all are A+ and I'm A-.

Shannon said...

First off, Julia's party was a-dorable!!! What a cute theme, and most of all, cute birthday girl! Love that crinkled nose picture:)

I don't even remember you getting lost and being late to my reception!! So, you're forgiven:)

Y'all have $130 left to eat out with? Wow. I think that is always the first envelope we suck dry every month!!

Lastly, look at you, nurse Brooke! Sounds like you've been doing your research:)

SparingChange said...

Great blog! Looking forward to following.