Sunday, January 01, 2006

Adios 2005, Hola 2006!

I consider the year 2005 one of the best ever for me. It involved so many things. Last January, I was only dating Michael, paying rent to my roommate in a house that wasn't close to anything I was involved in, and struggling to figure out 8th graders. Now I am married to Michael, we are home-owners, I am in the best location possible, and I feel very comfortable with my job. I have gained another wonderful family. We started the year with most of Michael's family in Abilene. His sister and her family moved to Denton and his parents moved to Carrollton (after a short stint in our house). I can't believe how quickly Michael wanted to get married after he finally decided I was "the one." I had no clue that I would even be engaged, much less married, at this point a year ago. I thought Michael was moving so slow...remember, he hadn't even kissed me yet! But God has perfect timing. We have already needed each other dearly at different points in this marriage and it has been such a blessing to have each other. I'm excited about our future at Richardson East and the new friends we can make there. A new youth minister will be appointed in the future, and I pray that it will be someone Michael and I can connect with. Many of our friends are becoming engaged couples. This may allows us to have more married friends...which will be a blessing also. God blessed me so much in this past year. I have good health, a Godly husband, a warm home, a great job, two loving families, and two reliable, fuel-efficient Hondas. I hope that if there are hard times ahead, I will be able to reflect on this year and realize God is with me and has already blessed me with so much.

3 comments:

Blake Perkins said...

It has been a great year! Enjoy yourselves!

Jenny said...

What a great year for you! How was Christmas??

jenny

Katie said...

What a blessed year you've had--the Lord works quickly sometimes! Happy New Year!