Friday, July 30, 2010

5 Question Friday



Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then click on the button above and link up! No blog? You can answer the questions in the comments section if you want to play.

1. Did you have a favorite blanket or toy as a kid? If so, do you still have it?

2. Do you dream in color?

3. How tall are you? Do you wish you were shorter or taller?

4. If you could have anyone's (celeb or other) voice as the
guide on your GPS, who would it be?

5. Do you return your shopping cart to the corral or leave it wherever in the parking lot?

-------------------------------------
1. Did you have a favorite blanket or toy as a kid? If so, do you still have it?
I had a lovely yellow gingham blanket that I took with me everywhere! I remember sucking on the corner of that thing. And I remember how traumatic it was when my mom took it away from me to wash it. How dare she! I haven't a clue where it is now. My 2 year old has a taggie that she is pretty attached to. Unlike me, my child actually asks me to wash her taggie.

2. Do you dream in color?
How do you people know this? I try to remember dreams but it is so hard! I can remember some events vaguely, but I can't picture it in my head. No clue! And I must say, there is nothing like the dreams you have while pregnant!

3. How tall are you? Do you wish you were shorter or taller?
I'm 69 1/2 inches tall, or 5' 9 1/2". It's an okay height. I'm taller than my husband, though. In fact, I'm the runt in my family and the giant in his family. Clothes are difficult to buy. I probably should do that whole tailoring thing, but you have to buy stuff that's actually too long, right? So that's the hard part. GAP does tall stuff, but it's online. I like to try on clothes before buying. I'm anxious to see how tall my girls are going to be. They have a grandmother under 5 foot and an uncle that is, let's just say, VERY tall. (He reads this and may not want me sharing his height.) Here's a picture showing the height difference between my brother and me.
And here's one of my husband and me. I'm wearing flats and not standing up straight.
So, you see, it's all relative. I don't mind being taller than my husband. This is how God made me and He knows what He's doing.

4. If you could have anyone's (celeb or other) voice as the guide on your GPS, who would it be?
I know who I wouldn't use! Nicholas Cage has the most ANNOYING voice! I'm sick and tired of people selecting him to play roles in movies. I will not see a movie with him in it - just because of his voice. I wouldn't mind Meg Ryan. She's cute. Now who is going to buy me this Meg Ryan GPS thingamajig?

5. Do you return your shopping cart to the corral or leave it wherever in the parking lot?
RETURN, RETURN, RETURN! I've done it with a toddler who is scared of parking lots, while holding a baby in a HEAVY car seat, while it was pouring rain. You can do this people! It's just common courtesy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i can't stand nicholas cage either!

and i'm 5'8" and just now okay with wearing shoes that make me even 3" or so taller than that. way to embrace your height!

Carole said...

1) I hear about 2 things that I took everywhere I went. A Raggedy Ann doll and a Black babydoll. I have neither now; don't know what happened to them.
2) I do dream in color.
3) I am 5'8" and don't want to be taller or shorter. I hated being tall til I was maybe 30, then discovered it was a plus to have extra height to distrubute weight that is bound to come upon us as we age. ;)
4)GPS voice....hmmm,I don't know.. maybe Dean Martin. I know...."Who's Dean Martin?!"
5)Of course I return the cart to the cart-holding place. Duh.