Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Top Things This Mom Loves!

When it comes to baby products, I think a lot of things are overrated. BUT, there are some things that are just life savers. I'm gonna pull an Oprah and do "My Favorite Things." Sorry that I won't be able to supply my audience with one of each.

GLIDER: Wow, have I loved this glider through the last 2, almost 3 years! My mom bought me this glider and I had no idea how much I would use it. My favorite memories of holding my sweet babies are when I was gliding away in this. I have fallen asleep many times in it. I also use it for the monthly pictures of the baby. It is very nice to have in Audrey and Julia's room and not have to travel in the middle of the night to nurse them. Ah! I love it!


CARRIER COVER: I received this from my friend, Jenny. It has been great! It would be even greater during the winter time when it's cold. During the summer months, I leave it unzipped so it won't trap the heat. I use it to shade the sun, wind, and rain. I think it makes Julia feel more secure. It also makes a sound barrier when entering loud restaurants. The kind I have is made by Kiddapotomus.

ANGELCARE MONITOR: For your peace of mind. I love how I'm no longer worried about SIDS. If Julia pulls an ultra long nap, I don't feel the need to check to make sure she's still
breathing. My grandmother lost a son at 2 1/2 months and she was so worried about Julia. My mom told her about how this monitor will sound an alarm if it doesn't detect movement for 20 seconds. Imagine how her life would have been different if she had had this back then! I moved Julia out of our room faster than I did Audrey because I wanted Julia with this monitor.

TOMMEE TIPPEE: I absolutely love these sippy cups! I found them only after Audrey turned 2. They do not leak at all! I bought a couple more after awhile, and those leaked. I researched and found that there was a slit in the valve that needed to be opened. Those new ones work now. I can't wait to try the sippy cups for younger kids as Julia gets older. I believe the only place to get them are at Babies R Us. LOVE THEM!


BEST ADVICE: My friend, Abbe, told me to dip Julia's pacifier in sugar water to get her to take it. It works! I didn't do it for a long time, but the child needed help settling down at times.

These things were at the top of my head today. I'll post again if I think of more.

No comments: