Monday, July 26, 2010

E-Mealz

When it comes to cooking, I'm still trying to learn how to do things. After almost 5 years of marriage, I found myself in quite a rut every weeknight. Grilled chicken, spaghetti, hmmm, what else do I know how to cook? Not much.

I had seen this website called E-mealz.com. They give you recipes for 5 meals and a grocery list to go along with it. The items you buy kind of go with every meal, so you're not wasting much food and you're saving moolah.

Then a friend of mine, Laura, tried it out and really liked it. I just had to see what it was all about. I joined ($5 a month) and have enjoyed it ever since. I'm cooking things I've never cooked before (or even tasted before) and we're not bored at dinner time.

Here's what we're having this week:


Tender Chicken Parmesan

Roasted Veggies Loaded Baked Potatoes


Mexican Casserole

Tortilla Chips


Grilled Chicken Salad

Garlic Bread


Broccoli & Ham Rolls

Hot Muffins Grapes


BakedRavioli

Italian Salad Garlic Cheese Bread


4 comments:

Kama said...

I'm definitely stuck making all the same meals too. Ben and I both have things we won't eat (onions, etc.) so I don't want to buy into something that would have recipes like that. Plus, are they fast? I hate spending a lot of time in the kitchen!! :)

Miranda said...

So funny! I just joined last night! We had our first e-meals tonight...yummy!

Brooke said...

Kama,

They vary on how long it takes. Some are quick, some are crock pot meals, and some are pretty typical. Michael and I don't eat onions, basil, and other stuff. I was even on a dairy and soy free diet until about a week ago. I either bring in another meal from a previous week or change it up to meet my needs. I'd check out the website to see what you think.

laura jo said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Brooke! There's a link on the e-mealz page that gets you points for referrals. Check it out and post it, too, or add a button to your blog.