Monday, February 07, 2011

Happy Birthday, Michael!



Yesterday was my man's birthday! What's worse than sharing your birthday with the Super Bowl when it's in town? Working on your birthday when it's on a Sunday. Michael has so much on his plate, you wouldn't believe it if I told you. But he has made time to take care of me this past week while I've been sick, while I've been mourning, and he took time off work so that he could take me to be with my family. I'm sure he knew that meant he'd have to work most of the day Sunday, but he didn't say a word about it. He amazes me and I love him so much!

So while he was at work, (and I was stuck at home with a broken car) I looked around in my kitchen to see if I had anything to make a cake with. Remember, I haven't been to the grocery store in a week, so it would be a miracle if I did. And I did! While I was making some icing, I think I broke my mixer. The recipe said that it would be very dry and thick until the very end when I added milk. So I kept my mixer churning away even though I knew it was struggling. It started to smell funny, so I added the milk to finish my icing before it died on me. I sampled it before putting it on the cake. It was delicious! But then it had a horrible aftertaste. Almost like metal. I think the "mixer flumes" seeped into my icing. So Michael had to go to the grocery store on his way home to buy frosting. This was after people had been stuck in their homes for a week and just a couple of hours before the Super Bowl. He couldn't even find a parking spot for awhile. Oops! Sorry Babe!

We went over the Mike's and Ruth's to watch the Super Bowl. It was fun and a good game! We celebrated Michael at halftime. After we lit the candles, we all looked around waiting for someone to start singing Happy Birthday to Michael. Audrey stepped up and started us off. It was a little high, but very sweet!

Happy birthday Michael!

2 comments:

Carole said...

You are truly blessed to have such a caring husband. I love him, too, because he takes such good care of you and those two precious little girls of mine!

FeedingYourMind said...

WOW! I couldn't help but post that when I saw that top picture of Michael with the big smile I immediately saw your oldest!! What a resemblance they share when they show those big happy smiles! Happy Birthday, Michael!