Monday, December 20, 2010

Audrey


Audrey is now three years old. I have just enjoyed her so much, and especially this past year. I wanted to write down some of the things about this super sweet girl.

She has become very independent. For a long time now, she has gone to the bathroom all be herself. That's a big help when I'm tied down with Julia. Lately, she also chooses and puts on all of her clothes and brushes her teeth all by herself. I love that she just decides that she can do it by herself and voila, it gets done.

She has a couple of imaginary friends. The main one is Pookabear. The other one is kinda funny. She overheard us talking about taking George Bush (Turnpike) and she immediately started saying George Boo. We thought it was funny and George Boo has become another imaginary friend. What other 3 year old has a president as an imaginary friend?

Audrey still takes naps. Sometimes it is really hard for her to go down and she never does go to sleep and sometimes she asks for a nap. I will rock her at bedtime and I love it.

The girl loves to sing. She will make up her own songs that describes her day. Her go-to songs are Jesus Loves Me and Jingle Bells. Frosty the Snowman is also a big hit, but she likes to change the name Frosty to Mommy the Snowman.

Her imagination is so big right now. Michael does really well playing pretend with her, but it is so hard for me! When did I grow up so much that it became such a burden to pretend? She loves pretending to make cupcakes and singing happy birthday. She started to do this way before she celebrated her birthday.

She can count to 20 in English and 10 in Spanish. Either Dora or school taught her Spanish because I didn't. Her hispanic grandmother said that she wasn't teaching her.

She's learning to say prayers, but the concept is still a little fuzzy to her. She wants me to say them most of the time. When I ask her what she wants me to pray about her usual answers are Jesus, school (including Ms. Nancy), and church.

Overall, she is just the sweetest little girl. I love her to pieces and can't wait to see her grow up into a wonderful young lady!

No comments: