Friday, December 10, 2010

Five Question Friday - 12.10.10

1. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Growing up, we would open presents from the extended family on Christmas Eve. On Christmas morning, Santa's presents were laid out, so there was no opening of presents. What my little family does now is if we're with my husband's family, we open one gift on Christmas Eve. We have Santa's gifts that are wrapped to open on Christmas morning. Then we get back with the extended family and open more gifts. If we're with my family, we open their gifts on whatever day it is just us celebrating.

2. What is your favorite Christmas cookie (or candy)?
Easy. My grandmother's (Nana) divinity candy. She tried to show me one time how to make it. Um...it looked WAY too difficult. I may have her tell me this year and write it down. My confidence in the kitchen improves slightly each year, so maybe one day I can conquer the divinity.

3. What's the worst Christmas gift you've ever received?
Really? I consider every gift - a gift. Even the rocks that my husband's grandmother paints for us. Yes, rocks. I'll need to take a picture of them and show you! She writes our names on rocks and gives them to us. When I married Michael, it was just two rocks. Now that there are more of us, we get even more rocks. I'll need to create a rock garden soon.

4. Christmas song that you love?
I love Christmas music! Gotta love O Holy Night. I like the Martina McBride rendition. I also really like Faith Hill's A Child Changes Everything. I only heard it once last year and haven't heard it yet this year. I also love I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas because we don't get those round these parts - except last year! BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

5. How many trees do you put up?
I have a budget and a smallish house, so one tree. Really, I could probably make room for more trees, but my house is older and there aren't plugs on a lot of walls. I get very frustrated with that. I love my house, but I wish there were some modern additions to it,like a pantry and a linen closet.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What do you mean laid out? Like not wrapped? Where's the fun in that?