Monday, August 30, 2010

5 Months!


My sweet baby is 5 months already! I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying her little personality! She is full of smiles and laughter. We were still dealing with Audrey's disposition when she was this age. I also remember Audrey not taking naps. Julia takes at least 3 naps a day! Just plop her in the crib and she goes off into dreamland.

I will say that I'm growing concerned with her development. I'm hoping and praying that it is just because she is so laid back. She spends almost her entire waking time on her tummy. She has rolled over once while I was in the kitchen pouring myself a bowl of cereal. She has been through Mommy's Rolling Over Bootcamp and failed it. She's not bearing much weight on her legs and she is nowhere near ready to sit up. If things don't improve soon, I'm calling her doctor. I won't mind if she's slow developing, I just don't want this to be something more serious.

***UPDATE*** I witnessed Julia roll over at 5 months and 1 day! She's looking stronger on her tummy too. Huge sigh of relief!

2 comments:

The Price Family! said...

She is so pretty and has the cutest little smile!!

The Oslunds said...

What a smile!

I know it's hard, but I wouldn't worry about how fast she's developing. Every kid is different and the average age to start sitting is around 6 or 7 months. Owen is actually regressing when it comes to rolling over - he did it super early, and now has apparently forgotten how :)