Monday, August 23, 2010

A Couple of Opportunities

Happy First Day of School to all you moms and teachers out there! I hope your morning went smoothly!

I wanted to tell you about a couple of events that my church is doing this weekend.

I know a lot of you know about the sudden death of the young wife and mother, Jenny Bizaillion, earlier this year. Jenny's mom, Beverly Ross, is speaking at a brunch at out church, Richardson East, this Saturday. You have to sign up by Tuesday, so click on the church link if you are interested in attending. Also say a pray for Jenny's daughter today. This is probably her first day of school.

Also, this Sunday, our church is doing "The Church has Left the Building" again. This is when the church goes out into the community and participates in several service projects. My class will be working with Storyline Christian Community to clean up graffiti in East Dallas. There will be other projects going on as well. If you are interested in this project or another project, let me know and I will get you more information.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the brunch Saturday. I also will miss the graffiti cleanup since I'll have to have Julia with me and it's just too hot to be outside with a baby right now. I'm hoping to join up with another project instead.

1 comment:

Tim Perkins said...

Right now, the weekend seems a long way away...can't believe the number of people affected by the start of school!