Friday, August 13, 2010

5 Question Friday


Here's how it works. You can answer questions in the comments or copy and answer on your own blog. If you'd like, click on the button above and link up your blog.

1. Have you ever visited another country?

2. Where is the strangest place you have ever been?

3. What is your favorite season?

4. What one song will always cheer you up?

5. What Disney character do you resemble most?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Have you ever visited another country?
I have gone to Monterey, Mexico for a mission trip. We spent a week helping to build a church. We did the rebar (the supporting metal in the concrete walls). We had to use this tool called a hook. Many times throughout the week, someone would call out, "I need hookers!" and a bunch of us would come running. Hee hee!

I also went to Vancouver, Canada for my honeymoon. Beautiful place! While there, we were on a ferry boat going to Victoria Island. The boat was crowded, but extremely quiet. I commented to Michael that you would never be in a public place with this many people in Dallas and have it this quiet. Turns out that they were all deaf! Must have been a convention or something. They were reading each others lips, mostly. Michael still makes fun of me for my comment to this day!

2. Where is the strangest place you have ever been?
The Anson Light of Anson, Texas. I went to school in Abilene, Texas and my college buddies and I would drive out to Anson to see this mystery a lot. It was featured on Unsolved Mysteries and in Texas Monthly.

You drive your car next to this cemetery, turn around at the crossroad, turn off your headlights, and wait for just a few moments. Soon you will see this light appear down the road. It starts off behind the main street you turned off of. You can see the cars drive in front of it. Then suddenly, the cars are passing behind it. It comes closer and closer to you. It sways back and forth like a pendulum, or like a ghost is carrying a lantern. It moved slowly and quickly. Ultimately, some high school or college kid would run towards it and it would disappear.

There's also a railroad track nearby that we would drive to, park on, and put the car in neutral. After a while, you can feel the car being pushed off the tracks and the car rolls down the dirt road. You get out and there are handprints on the car. I'm pretty sure this one was made by the guys just to scare the girls.

We also followed the locals one day and saw so many creepy things, that I made my date floor it to lose these local guys. They scared me whacky.

Thanks to these college guys for making a video and posting on youtube.


3. What is your favorite season?
Not this 107 degree stuff, I tell you! I knew that once I was no longer doing the student/teacher thing, I wold love the fall. I've only had two falls to enjoy without school and it has been soooo nice! Crisp air, warm aromas, cozy sweaters, football. Ahhh!

4. What one song will always cheer you up?
Anything by Sister Hazel or Counting Crows. The song that never ever fails has to be Lady Marmalade. Reminds me of my junior year in college, which so happens to be one of my favorite years of life. Christina Aguilera is just ridiculous.

5. What Disney character do you resemble most?
Weird thing about me is that I don't like animated shows. So this is hard for me. I don't know the Disney stories very well, so I'll answer based on appearance. I look like Snow White with the dark hair and pale skin. All I remember about her was that she had mice that she talked to. I most definitely would not do that!

HAPPY FRIDAY the 13th EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Haha so Snow White did talk to animals but it was Cinderella that talked to mice! :)
(haha can you tell that I've babysat Anna Lee a time or two?! :))