Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Audrey's First Day of Preschool

Boy, do I have a lot to blog about! Michael and I just took a trip to Denver for our 5th wedding anniversary. It was so much fun! But, I'll write about that later because today was the very first day of many, many days of SCHOOL for Audrey!
She was excited this morning! I was so disappointed to wake up to rain. I had these grand ideas of pictures outside, by our trees, the front porch, and so on. Oh well. We did pictures inside and the lighting isn't great. We may just have to take pictures again on Thursday!

She has a great backpack and a lunchbox with her name and a MONKEY on them. She just loves monkeys, which is appropriate since she's a monkey herself.
The hardest part of this morning was saying goodbye to Daddy. We had left her from Thursday night to Sunday night to go on our trip and now he had the nerve to go to work! We are soooo cruel!


But, in the end, Audrey was ready to conquer the world. At least that is what it looks like in this picture!

My shy little girl was so excited that she even spoke to the nice man that held umbrellas over our heads! That shocked me! I knew then that school was going to be so great for her! She put away all of her things, gave the room a good look, and got busy playing. She didn't even stop to look at the camera. Her teachers are great and I know they love her already. Ms. Nancy and Ms. Holly, take good care of my firstborn!



2 comments:

The Price Family! said...

I love all the pictures. I hope she enjoys her first day.

Heather said...

I'm glad her first day went well...she looks so grown up!!