Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match!

Michael and I finally got to see some friends of ours this weekend. Jake is a friend from college and he and Michael roomed together while we were dating. Amanda is someone we know from church. In fact, I was her youth intern one summer.

A few years ago, these two were working for the same company. We thought it would be funny if one day they met and liked each other. Well, it didn't happen and Amanda began a job with another company.

We still thought that they might make a good couple. We talked about it almost every week. We finally talked to them about it. They met for a date and it went well! On our 5th wedding anniversary, Jake proposed to an agreeing Amanda!

I believe God brings two people together. It's weird that he used us and probably pushed us to talk about them. It was like we couldn't let it go! This makes me wonder what other conversations are God-driven.

So, I'm 1 for 1 on setups and Michael is 2 for 2!

I forgot to take a picture of the happy couple Friday, but here's their facebook profile picture! (Hope y'all don't mind, J and A!)


No comments: