Friday, January 28, 2011

Five Question Friday - 1.28.11


1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?
This is a tough question! I had to think on it for awhile. I think I would go with CitySquare, formerly Central Dallas Ministries. Michael and I believe that this organization is truly what church is supposed to be. It's not a church, but it's how churches should be. I'm happy that my church is most like this than any other church I've attended.

2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?
Another hard one! I usually liked them as a teacher. Now that I stay home, it doesn't effect me much if schools are cancelled or not. I LOVE the fluffy white stuff! It's so pretty. But, it almost always falls when my husband MUST work. I'm assuming that most of our snowfall occurs after Christmas in Dallas. And it's usually icy. My husband is an auditor (has nothing to do with taxes, btw) and he works 90-100 hours a week from January to April. So I worry about him on the roads. If it could snow every Sunday like it did a few weeks ago, that. would. be. awesome.

3. What talent did you wish you had and why?
I wish soooooo badly that I could sing. Michael can and he doesn't appreciate it like he should. It looks like Audrey can sing. We'll see about Julia. That will be my specail gift in Heaven, I bet. I wish I could sing like Colbie Calliat.

4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?
The elections really wore on me politically. I can't stand all of the bickering, so I'm sooo over politics. News is alright. I found out that Jessica Simpson was engaged while listening to sports radio. I guess I'm just not a junkie.

5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps your more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't haftabe alcoholic!)
It's almost a Shirley Temple. Someone told me about a raspberry sprite with a shot of vanilla a few years back. It's been too long since I've had one, but I highly recommend it. I'm not much of a drinker at all, but I could have had this one drink that I got on our anniversary trip everyday. It was a lemonade with rum in it. That's all I know, but it was yummy!

No comments: